After passing your first MTA/MCE Exam, you will be sent an email from Microsoft which contains access details to link your Certification to your Microsoft Account.
If you have not received this email, a copy may still be on your profile in Certiport’s Dashboard. To check this, login to www.certiport.com (with the credentials used to take the Exam) as a Test Candidate and then check the “My Messages” section for a copy of these details. If the message is not there or has expired, please contact Microsoft's RSC (details below) and ask them to resend your Access Code.
Once you have these details, follow the links in the email and complete the wizard. Once you have logged in, the steps to download/print your Certificates are:
- Open a web browser and go to MCP.Microsoft.com
- Click the Sign In button to login with your Microsoft Account
- Click on the "Download or purchase" link under "Certificates".
- Click the checkbox for each certificate you would like to download/purchase, indicate your internet connection type and then click next.
- Select the file format (if prompted), select the paper size, and then click next again.
- Click the "Download" button to download your certificate/s as a single zipped file. Follow the prompts to save the file to your computer. You can then unzip and view/print your certificates.
If you have a previous Certification ID and this MTA Certificate has not been synchronised to it, or more than one Certification ID, please contact Microsoft’s RSC (Regional Service Centre) directly on (toll free) 0800 917 0758 (UK), 1800 554 920 (Irl) or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Navigate to www.certiport.com and login using your username and password
- Hover your cursor over MYCERTIPORT
- Click on “My Transcript”
- Click on the “Official Certificate” link for your MTA Certification and you be redirected to the MCP.Microsoft.com
- Follow steps 2-6 above.
For printing at home, we recommend using a high quality colour printer (laser / inkjet) on card of between 160 and 280 gsm.