These exams require a complete, local installation of the Microsoft Office Suite that corresponds with the exam/s that you want to launch. i.e. for MOS 2013, you need Office 2013 - for MOS 2016, you need Office 2016. Please review the version specific requirements under "Certification programs" on the Technical Requirements page.
Once installed, Office must be activated on the Windows user profile that you want to use for Exam delivery. i.e. if you configure Compass to run as a local Admin, you must first make sure that Office is licensed/activated on/for that Admin. If you are not sure, launch MS Word as this Admin user and check for any prompts. If you can open a blank document without seeing any prompts, move on to the Compass setup. If you have to acknowledge prompts, do what you have to to clear them and repeat until you can open a blank document without any prompts.
Setting up Compass
If Console 8 is installed on the machines, uninstall it before proceeding.
- Download and Install Compass
- Login as an Organisation Administrator and configure your Test Centre Account and any Optional Settings (If necessary)
- Click on Manage Exams in the menu on the left then click on Download Additional Exams
- Navigate to and expand the Microsoft Office Specialist category.
- Select the relevant Exams
- Click Download Exams. Once you have installed the Content, restart Compass.
If you are working with several machines, take a look at Compass - Distribute Exam Content by LAN