Thank you for purchasing a Self-Start eKit for Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS). You should have received an email with the components of your eKit (an Activation Code for LearnKey Video Training, an Access Code for GMetrix Practice Tests and an Exam Voucher). Please follow the instructions below for each of these products.
GMetrix (LearnKey) Video Training
LearnKey Video Training for MOS, powered by GMetrix (www.gmetrix.net), is self-paced and flexible. To access the Video Training, you must register a GMetrix Profile (if you do not already have one) and then redeem your Access Code. These Access Codes usually begin with "LKEY-", have some numbers in the middle, then end with an Identifier. For example - "LKEY-12345-54321-MOS".
Watch the LearnKey's Student Introduction Video here! (Opens in New Window).
Note: The profile that you create for this can also be used for the GMetrix Practice Tests below.
GMetrix Practice Tests
GMetrix is the leading online learning / practice test software for MOS certification. It is an essential part of the complete MOS training solution, incorporating Skills Analysis, Online Action Learning (live in the application) and Practice Test features.
Please be aware that you'll need Microsoft Office 2010, Office 2013 or Office 2016 on your computer to use GMetrix.
To use GMetrix using your Access Code:
- Go to gmetrix.net/download and download the software.
- Once installed, double click the “GMetrix SMS” shortcut on your desktop.
- At the login screen click “Register Here” and fill in the required details. You have now created your account.
- You are automatically directed to the “Log In” area. The e-mail address you have registered now becomes your “User ID”. Log in and enter your Access Code when requested.
- You'll then be prompted to select the appropriate Microsoft Office application - please be sure to choose the correct subject, as you won't be able to change it later!
For more detailed instructions on using GMetrix (including the training and testing modes available) please consult the GMetrix User Guide on the GMetrix Student Portal.
MOS Exam Voucher
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification is the world's most recognised computing qualification for proving a person's skills and abilities in Microsoft's Office applications.
When you are ready to sit your MOS Exam, locate your nearest Certiport Test Centre at https://www.certiport.com/Locator. Contact the Test Centre directly to book your Exam date and time.
Please note, Test Centres may charge an Exam Administration ("Proctoring") Fee to candidates redeeming an Exam Voucher. Prodigy Learning's recommended Exam Administration Fee is £15 / €18 per Exam.
Ensure you are registered as a Certiport “Test Candidate” prior to the day of your Exam. On the day of your Exam, please bring your Exam Voucher (please print vouchers received electronically) to the Test Centre along with Photo ID (Passport, Driving License, etc.). Test Centre staff will use your Exam Voucher to start your Exam.
In the event that you should fail your MOS Exam, the retake policy is as follows:
- The Retake Voucher will be sent out within 24 Hours of failing the exam via e-mail (to the e-mail address associated with the exam profile).
- If the wrong e-mail address has been provided you can also see the Retake Voucher associated with the online profile after 24 hours.
- The Retake Voucher can only be used for the exam that was failed and only by the candidate who originally failed the exam.
- The Retake Voucher is only valid for 30 Days from the date of the original exam.